Ambulance Medical Supplies - Le - West
Rules for Ordering Ambulance Medical Supplies - POM (all P medications are okay to order)
Please note the rules below are non-negotiable. These regulations only apply to England, Scotland and Wales. For Northern Ireland please contact your appropriate governing body for advice.
Ambulance medical supplies available to persons who hold a certificate of proficiency in ambulance paramedic skills issued by, or with the approval of, the Secretary of State or persons who are state registered paramedics may administer certain parenteral prescription-only medicines (POM)
listed below. If you have any questions regarding ambulance medical supplies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Paramedic POM enquiry”.
WHAT WE NEED FROM
YOU THE PARAMEDIC:
A signed requisition on your company letterhead clearly stating your certifications with registration number (if any) and the general use for the medication and ambulance medical supplies. Please fax or email (a high-quality scan) to: 0208 594 0324 or email@example.com.
We will proceed with your order but YOU MUST THEN MAIL the HARD COPY to us for our records :
L E West, Ltd – Online Services
The iO Centre – Unit 18
59 – 71 River Road
APPROVED AMBULANCE MEDICAL SUPPLIES:
Items not on the list below must be requsitioned by a registered UK Doctor. Please click here to see sample letter for request of non-approved POM items.
- Diazepam 5mg per ml emulsion for injection. (note pill form is not acceptable without a prescription)
- Succinylated modified fluid gelatin 4% intravenous infusion.
- Medicines containing the substances ergometrine maleate 500mcg per ml with oxytocin 5iu per ml, put no other active ingredient.
- Prescription Only Medicines (POM) for parenteral administration containing one or more of the following substances but no other active ingredients. List of acceptable medicines below:
- Compound Sodium lactate intravenous infusion
- Ergometrine maleate
- Lignocaine hydrochloride
- Nalbuphine hydrochloride
- Sodium chloride
The administration shall be only for the immediate, necessary treatment of sick or injured persons and, in the case of a POM medicine containing heparin sodium, shall be only for the purpose of cannula flushing.
For more information about Ambulance Medical Supplies please contact us
Ambulance Medical Supplies - Medical product and equipment supplier UK - LE WEST Medical Supplies
OFFSHORE MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Medics and health care workers in an Offshore or Remote environments are encouraged to contact us directly for the latest POM ordering restrictions.